At the NOW National Board Meeting in Chicago, IL, by-laws were adopted by the Board incorporating the revisions specified by the October 1966 National Conference. These by-laws provided for the establishment of chapters.
The Task Forces established by the Board at this meeting were: Equal Opportunity of Employment; Legal and Political Rights; Education; Women in Poverty; The Family; Women and Religion. Task Force position papers were approved on Employment, Legal & Political Rights, Women in Poverty, and Image of Women.
The appointments of Standing Committees and Task Force Chairmen (sic) were announced as follows:
- Legal Committee: Marguerite Rawalt
- Finance Committee: Ti-Grace Atkinson
- Membership: Inka O’Hanrahan
- Public Relations: Muriel Fox
- Special Committee for Constitutional Protection (to evaluate need for ERA): Betty Friedan (acting chair)
- Employment: Dorothy Haener
- Legal and Political Rights: Jane E. Hart
- Family: Alice Rossi
- Education: Helen Schleman
- Women & Religion: Elizabeth Farians
- Image of Women: Patricia H. Trainor
- Poverty: Dr. Anna Arnold Hedgeman